GCSE Maths Revision
Firstly I would like to say well done for all the hard work Year 11 have been putting into their maths revision so far. It was great to have had such a positive response from the students following their paper 1 on Thursday.
YEAR 11 – GCSE MATHEMATICS REVISION (PAPER 2 & 3)
We now turn our attention to papers 2 and 3. Whilst this is by no means a guarantee, exam boards tend not to test topics twice (although a topic could reappear in a different format as part of another question). Therefore revision should be targeted at those topics not already covered.
To assist pupils with their revision moving forward they should be doing the following:
- Use the topic list attached to focus revision on topics not yet covered (We highly recommend Mathswatch & Dr Frost Full Coverage https://www.drfrostmaths.com/resources/sow.php?year=Full%20Coverage%20Revision%20Worksheets&term=GCSE for questions on specific topics).
- Continue to work through past papers, workbooks and other resources they are already using (specifically focusing on topics not yet covered).
- Attempt Edexcel practice questions available via the website.
- Foundation pupils should look at Practice 1, 2 and 3.
- Higher pupils should look at Practice 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Continue to attend mathematics lessons and revision sessions; resources will be specifically geared towards these papers/topics.
There is still time to make a significant impact on the grade your child will achieve. Please pass this message along and encourage your child to strive hard for the best grade they can possibly get. Good luck!
Mr Wilson & the Mathematics Team
Please see the revision documents below and the revision page on the school webiste