St Peter’s has a strong, musical tradition and with the help of our peripatetic music tutors, we are able to run a wide range of extra-curricular music activities. The ensembles vary from term to term, depending on upcoming performances, most require no audition and we hope that there is something for everyone. We expect all students who take music tuition to take part in at least one of these – to develop their ensemble skills
Ensembles that rehearse and perform at St Peter’s include:
- Jazz Band
- Senior Guitar Group (Mr Molins)
- Junior Guitar Group
- Sax and Clarinet Group
- Flute Choir
- Student Worship Band
- St Peter’s Choir
- Junior Singers
In addition to the Carol Service at the Cathedral, we have a summer concert, and a musical stage set up for sports day. Music is also a regular feature of assemblies and students are always welcome to perform.
We also work closely with the Drama department and have presented the shows Joseph, We Will Rock You, Oliver!, Disco Inferno, Grease, The Monstrum and The Addams family in recent times.
We have strong links with Exeter Children’s Orchestra and local primary schools which also give us opportunities for extra-curricular music work.
- French Horn
- Tenor Horn
- Drum Kit
- Electric Guitar
- Bass GuitarPeripatetic Music Tuition
- We offer a broad range of music tuition opportunities.
- We have a team of 13 visiting music tutors and offer tuition in 20- or 30- minute lessons which take place throughout the school day.
- Students come out of lessons on a rotating basis.
- Shared lessons are available at the discretion of the tutor.
We are currently able to offer music lessons on the following instruments but if we cannot offer something that you would like to learn, we will pursue all reasonable enquiries!