Careers: Year 11, BTEC level 3 in Construction…
We are looking for a junior replacement to start end of June early July.
As before this is a part time day release college course. It is a BTEC level 3 in Construction and Built Environment at Exeter College.
The student will then benefit from work experience with my company for the rest of the week. As you know it’s an ideal way for a student to obtain further qualifications and get “real world” experience and earn a wage
Our Ref: WCLS/0519/Surveying Assistant
To assist the surveyor in the day-to-day related tasks involved in land surveying of various sites in the South West region.
- General maintenance and cleaning of equipment and vehicles.
- Compiling equipment for site work and ensuring all equipment is returned to depot.
- Storage and safety of equipment required.
- Operating of total stations during Topographical Surveys (initially under supervision)
Assisting with: –
· Measurement of green or brown field site.
- Measurement of buildings and warehouses. (Floor Plans & Elevations)
- Locating and lifting manholes.
- Assisting setting out of buildings / roads.
- Good communication skills.
- Reasonable state of health (required to work outside all year round).
- No direct experience required.
- 5 GCSEs required, including Maths & English, for future related training.
- Opportunities to undertake related training – Exeter College.
- Progression within Westcountry Surveys once experience has been gained.
- Between 8.30am – 5pm, expected hours to be worked 35 – 40 hours per week.
- Minimum wage – age and college related.