The careers programme in Key Stage 3 is designed to:
- encourage students to recognise the qualities and skills needed for employability
- encourage students to take part in ‘Take Your Child to Work’ days and explain how they have benefited as a learner from this career and work related activity.
- make students better informed about different organisations and career paths
- help students to discover how to access impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
- Raises aspirations
- Raises achievement, especially for socially disadvantaged children
- Raises awareness
Year 7 –Careers information through CPSHEE, enterprise and career related learning activities.
Year 8 – Careers information through CPSHEE, enterprise and career related learning activities, visit to Careers Fairs ’Take Your Child to Work Day’ and Enterprise Activities.