Warning: Use of undefined constant php - assumed 'php' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/sites/s/spexe.org/public_html/wp-content/themes/st_peters_school/single-subject.php on line 16
Sex and Relationship Education within CPSHE
At St Peter’s, Sex and Relationship Education (SRE) should prepare young people for an adult life in which they can:
– develop positive values and a moral framework that will guide their decisions, judgements and behaviour;
– be aware of their sexuality and understand human sexuality;
– understand the arguments for delaying sexual activity;
– understand the reasons for having protected sex;
– understand the consequences of their actions and behave responsibly within sexual and pastoral relationships;
– have the confidence and self-esteem to value themselves and others and respect for individual conscience and the skills to judge what kind of relationships they want;
– communicate effectively;
– have sufficient information and skills to protect themselves and, where they have one, their partner from unintended/unwanted conceptions, and sexually transmitted infections including HIV;
– avoid being exploited or exploiting others;
– avoid being pressured into unwanted or unprotected sex;
– access confidential sexual health advice, support and if necessary treatment;
– know how the law applies to sexual relationships.
To find out more about the curriculum for each year group please click on the relevant Key Stage links at the top right of this page.