It is our intention in Design and Technology to provide pupils with the opportunity to discover the pleasure and importance of designing and making using a wide variety of resources and materials. We hope that learning will be both a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
We provide opportunities for students to develop their capability, through combining their designing and making skills with knowledge and understanding in order to create products. Through Design and Technology, we teach students to develop their confidence to identify, examine and solve problems using tools and materials. While we teach this knowledge and understanding specifically within Design and Technology lessons, it crosses over and applies the learning from a wide variety of other curriculum areas such as Maths, Science, and ICT.
Our aims are to provide opportunities for pupils to:
• enjoy turning ideas into reality.
• to strive for successful outcomes.
• be creative and develop thinking skills.
• work independently and develop self-esteem.
• to develop attitudes of curiosity, enquiry, initiative, ingenuity, resourcefulness.
• to experience a range of different material areas.