Who is Eligible?
All children living in and around Exeter and other areas are eligible for admission. It is not necessary to live within a specific area of Exeter or attend a specific school. Our criteria is based on the following:
- Foundation Places for those who attend a Church of England church
- Other Christian Church Places for those who attend other churches
- Open Places for all other applicants
If you would like to visit St. Peter’s, please join us for an Open Day, Evening or Coffee Morning – please click here.
How do I Apply to St Peter’s?
1. ALL APPLICANTS MUST – Inform the Local Authority (LA) – Please ensure you have completed the Local Authority Common Application Form (for Devon residents the D-CAF3) either online or on a paper form and returned that form to them by the closing date of 31st October 2023. If you already have a child attending St Peter’s or you are applying for admission for a child who has a parent who is a member of staff at St Peter’s please ensure that you indicate this on the Common Application Form together with any other relevant information to support the application.
2. If you wish to apply for a Foundation, or Other Christian Church place, please complete the St Peter’s Supplementary Information Form 2024-2025
- PART ONE to be completed by the parent/carer and returned directly to St Peter’s by 31st October 2023.
- PART TWO – parent/carer, please complete your details and your child’s details at the beginning of Part Two, then send to your chosen Minister or Faith Leader for completion and return to St Peter’s by 31st October 2023, please provide them with a stamped addressed envelope.
PLEASE NOTE both Part ONE and Part TWO must be received at St Peter’s by the 31st October 2023 for us to consider these places.
For all in-year admissions please inform the Local Authority and they will contact the school with the admission request. If your request is for a Foundation/Other Christian Church application please complete the Supplementary Information form which is available below and return this form directly to St Peter’s.
St. Peter’s CofE have requested to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator that we add the following variation to our admissions arrangements in light of Covid-19.
“In the event that during the period specified for attendance at worship the church [or, in relation to those of other faiths, relevant place of worship] has been closed for public worship and has not provided alternative premises for that worship, the requirements of these [admissions] arrangements in relation to attendance will only apply to the period when the church [or in relation to those of other faiths, relevant place of worship] or alternative premises have been available for public worship”.
For questions about your child joining the school or the admissions process in general, please don’t hesitate to contact the school directly by email email@example.com or by contacting Devon School Admissions Service on 0345 155 1019 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for residents of Devon are made between 1 September and 31 October for secondary schools at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline
If your child lives in another Local Authority, including Cornwall, Dorset, Plymouth, Somerset, and Torbay you should apply through that council. The closing dates are the same nationally.
Schools Admission Policy 2024-2025
If you have been refused admission to our school, your child’s name will be placed on the waiting list and you have the right, by law, to appeal to an independent appeal panel.
It should be noted that the waiting list and your position on it have no bearing on the appeal process. Waiting lists are managed by the School Admission Team and are refreshed annually.
If you would like to read a more detailed guide to the appeals process please see the Local Authority Guidance: appeal guidance for parents.
If you have further questions on the appeals process after reading all the information provided, or you would like to speak to the School Appeals Clerk about your appeal, please contact email@example.com or call 01392 381362.
|2023 St Peters Aided School Admissions Policy||28th Feb 2022||Download|
|2022 - St Peters Aided School Admissions Policy||23rd Feb 2021||Download|
|Letter Regarding Admission Arrangements (Covid)||02nd Sep 2020||Download|
|2024 St Peters Aided School Admissions Policy||20th Mar 2023||Download|
|Supplementary Information Form 2024-25||22nd Jun 2023||Download|
|Supplementary Information Form 2023-24||20th Sep 2022||Download|
|Supplementary Information Form 2022-23||08th Sep 2021||Download|